Bonnie and Clyde

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Perinatologist's Should NOT Be Comedians

Of course, I get the funny one.

Yesterday, Mike and I went to see a perinatologist who specializes in mulitple baby pregnancies. We got there she asked us about how our pregnancy was going. Let me correct her - It's not our pregnancy it's mine. Mike does not have to deal with the all-day sickness, heartburn, fatique, swollen ankles, constant need to pee, constant want to poop (seeing that I haven't since god knows when), migraines etc. Next, she wanted to know about my family history so I spilled the beans and told her my mom has a twin sister who we have no idea if they are monozygotic (identical and yes I know I can use big words!) or dyzogotic (fraternal). Then, she tried to get a little history about Mike but not the easiest thing to do when he was adopted and knows absolutely nothig about his birth parents (and frankly doesn't want to know either).

Next, was the ultrasound and this is where she decided to become a comedian. So she puts the wand on my belly and say "Oh I see three babies" my thoughts "You have got to be shitting me" I say out loud "Are you sure?" She answers "I'm just joking there's only two babies." ...ha...ha...ha

REALLY?!?!?! Does the realize that is not funny?! So after about ten seconds I realize she was shitting me and that was not a very nice joke. After bringing Mike back from his coma-shock-like-state she told us that she's 80% sure baby b is a boy and baby b is a girl. That's perfect, one pregnancy, two babies, a boy and a girl p-e-r-f-e-c-t. We're d-o-n-e done! Mike will get his snip a week after babies are born if that's the case.

So all and all good appointment other than my humorous perinatologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment